Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 just release… now what? I recently covered in a blog how daunting the rolling out Windows 10 can be but attempted to simplify it by giving some guidance on the many but important terminology. Over the next few weeks I will cover the many partners XenTegra works with and how they can help with tackling Windows 10!
Citrix Can Help
Citrix XenDesktop and XenApp can alleviate Windows 10 adoption across the enterprise in a few ways:
- Preview Windows 10 in a hosted virtual machine on XenDesktop. Give users the ability to ‘try before they buy’ and ease then into Windows 10.
- Ease the management pain by leveraging Machine Creation Services or Provisioning Services (my favorite) to simply rolling out Windows 10 and speed up upgrades to new versions!
- Tackle legacy applications with XenApp and secure applications in the datacenter. With AppDNA, reduce the cost and complexity of migrating applications.
- Not a fan of Edge, no problem! Let Citrix Receiver host up those pesky web applications in the browser that suits the app best and again, keeping the data secured in the datacenter.
- Layering is the path to enlightenment! Layers allow you to create a layer for profiles and applications therefore making it easier to manage the underlying OS. Definitely check out Citrix Application Layering (Unidesk).
- Windows Environment Management is your friend and can help migrate settings, data and more from virtual machine to XenApp to physical. There are many tools out there and in coming months I will look at all and weigh out the pros and cons of each.
Citrix offers a great Windows 10 Kit that shows how you can embrace Windows 10 within your enterprise! Check out… it is simple and easy to download and review.
What to know more? Setup some time to talk with XenTegra and we can help you understand how to faster adopt Windows 10 across the enterprise.
Watch for more blogs on how to migrate to Windows 10 faster, key features, ‘how to’ scenarios and more.